Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer is Definitely Here


I can't believe how quickly the months are flying!
It felt like last week was the end of may and it is now the second week of July. 

So a little update about what I've been up to.

I've been doing major studying because June 30th I wrote my service test and with good news to follow that, I passed!  So excited to start food running, and start learning the menu even more. 

After my test my friends Meagan, Mallory, Nicole and I went on a couple of rides in Epcot.  We went on Captain EO (which was typical a typical 80's film with Michael Jackson....there are no words to describe it, seriously no words) and Universe of Energy (I felt so full of knowledge after, Bill Nye the science guy taught us ALL about ENERGY).  It was raining so it was a great way to stay dry for a bit, Universe of Energy is a 45 minute ride.  After we headed over to the boardwalk and put our names on the wait list for beaches and cream, we walked around and ended up looking at a suit for the vacation club.  Which from the looks of the suits, I am totally interested in buying (although the money situation changes that a little...maybe one day).  After an hour of waiting, we sat at our table and immediately knew what we were getting, The famous Kitchen Sink!  
For those of you who don't know, I will list off what makes the Kitchen Sink.
-About 12 scoops of ice cream
-Practically every topping at Beaches and cream (brownies, cake wedges, bananas, sliced almonds, Oreo cookies, chocolate bar pieces, fudge sauce, sprinkles, 24 cherries)
-A whole can of Whip Cream (Yes, A WHOLE CAN)
-And finally, all of this is brought our in a kitchen sink.

The Kitchen Sink! (Before)

The Kitchen sink after.

We began to hit our sugar comma....


Unfortunately for this round (yes, we will be attempting this again!), we didn't finish it.  In our defence, there was only three of us eating it.  I think we did a pretty good job for just three girls.  It was the whip cream that got us....way too much that we filled up on that before we hit the ice cream!  We definitely made Beaches and Cream some good business that night, it seemed that after everyone who saw us order the Kitchen sink, ended up ordering one too.  There was at least 8 more Kitchen Sinks that got ordered almost every 5 minutes.  It got pretty crazy.  Later we wen't to Hollywood Studios and went on The Great Movie Ride, which always makes me want to watch every single movie out there after I ride it.  And then we just took goofy pictures around the park till it closed.

Then the next day, July 1st, was the day to celebrate the beautiful country of Canada.  Minus the fact that it basically rained the whole day, it was a good day.  I headed over to Epcot for a special Canada Day celebration that was held for all of us Canadian Cast members in which we got free pizza, cheddar cheese soup and mickey bars and ice cream sandwiches!  After Leah and I headed over to Hollywood Studios but we only went on a couple rides because it was raining, but it was still fun.

Canadian Pavilion on Canada Day


Free Food!  YEAH!


A couple of weeks ago we also had a scavenger hunt at the Magic Kingdom!  It was so much fun, I have never ran around so much for such a long period of time!  I was on a team with Meagan and Courtney, we started at 11pm and finished around 1am.  We are given clues for what to find/what to take pictures with and we had 2 hours to complete it.  Below are some of the pictures we had to take.

Pretty Princesses!



Hanging with Roy and Minnie

Courtney and Meagan sword fighting
  
And earlier that day of the scavenger hunt, Meagan, Victoria and I went to the Polynesian Resort to soak up some sun by the beach.  It was a day of sand, dole whip and boating!
Duckies!!

The beach at the Polynesian Resort

Fun at the Beach!


Playing in the sand

Self serve dole whip!!

Meagan and I going for a boat ride


It is also still getting hotter and hotter here in Florida, tomorrow is my day off and I think it is going to be spent at the pool (as long as it doesn't rain out, which usually happens on my days of....go figure). 

Thats as much as I can currently remember that has been going on lately, I've had a couple other fun adventures, but I feel that they are more enjoyable to talk about when I can also add pictures (or else it just doesn't make sense...) so I will definitely talk about those in another blog.

Until next time!
-Janice

"We stick together, we can see it through cause you've got a friend in me."
-Toy Story

No comments:

Post a Comment