Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's Been Awhile (Part One)

So, I realized that it has been FOREVER since I last posted a blog.  And thats a little sad. But my schedule has been jam packed, which means that this is going to be a super long blog (just a heads up).

So since I last blogged, I had my parents come and visit me.  They came down for a week the last week of July.  It was such a great time.  We went to the parks (Obviously), one night we went to Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk and the next day we went to Animal Kingdom and Epcot.  While at Epcot we went to Le Cellier for dinner.  This was the first time I have eaten at Le Cellier, man was it amazing!  (And no I'm not just saying that because I work there) We also spent a day at Daytona Beach, we went early in the morning to get there for around 9am or 10am, which was perfect because we were ready to leave by 1pm (it rained around 2pm so it was good to be able to get a couple hours in at the beach).  Although I still had to work during my parents visit (only the last two days) it was great to see them and a perfect little staycation.

Visiting Hollywood Studios



Eating at Le Cellier



Daytona Beach!!


Then in the second week in August (and the reason I had started slacking on blogging) I had started food running!  As a food runner you are working from 12pm till about 10pm, so it is a very long day.
That was basically my life in August.  Meagan and I went on a day trip over to Siesta Key's Beach.  Which was just what we needed.  We rented a car and headed out of the disney bubble.  The day was beautiful and sunny, until we got to the beach and it was overcast....of course but we still got some sun and got to enjoy being in the ocean.  We then made a trip into Tampa and just drove around the city.  We found the building that holds basically the only Tim Hortons in Florida (and I'm pretty sure most of the United States) unfortunately it was closed.  We also ate at the Cheesecake Factory (YUM!) and headed home.

Siesta Keys



Tampa Bay Times (Where you can find Tim Hortons!)

Downtown Tampa

Raymond James Stadium

After I had one more week of food running, then I started my service training.  Service training is about a week long, and let me tell you that was one of the most intense, stressful weeks of my life!  To be a server you need to have extensive knowledge of our menu and just about all of our drinks (which is quite a lot), you need to be well organized and very quick paced.  These things I can be good at, but I need more time to figure each thing out and get into a routine that works for me.  Unfortunately I did not end up going into service, but I am actually quite relived because it was way too stressful for me and I did not come to this program to be that stressed and overwhelmed.  I came down here to work at Disney and to have an amazing experience.  So I am back on podium, popcorn and assigning (I'll be honest, I really missed assigning).  Although I wont be making as much as what I would make serving, I am happy that I get to enjoy my time more.  Plus life isn't all about the money, it's about doing what makes you happy and being around people you care about and who care about you (cheesy I know, but it's true).  I also found the past year that you are not always going to succeed at everything, you just have to learn how to make the best out of it and not give up and blame yourself because of it.

Now I think I will leave it at that for now, and start writing part two of this blog entry.
-Janice


"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment