Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello from the Sunshine State

That's right!  I made it to sunny Florida! 

After seven and a half hours of driving yesterday we made crossed the border of Georgia into Florida.  We still had to drive another four hours to where we are staying and ended up driving a total of eleven hoursLet me just say, driving a total of twenty-two hours in two days is exausting! I wasn't even driving and I was tired!

Last night my parents, our family friends (who are kindly letting us stay the week with them!) and I just relaxed by the pool. Nothing too interesting to talk about. Today was a little more active. I went to a bank down here and set up an american bank account (this was slightly stressful because I didn't have an american address, phone number or social security number yet), later we all went out to an Orange Grove that was ownd by Florida's Natural (popular orange juice brand) and learned about the history of the company and how they make the orange juice (we even got some free samples! Yumyum!).





It was a pretty big factory!


After a visit to the orange groves, we headed over to a little reastaraunt called Woody's. We all ordered the baby back ribs, which were AMAZING (almost as good as Logan's...mmm). I also took a picture of my drink because the drink sizes down here are HUMUNGUS! I've been going to Florida for eleven years and I still can't get over how large their drink sizes are!

It was seriously huge!!!  
About the length of my face!


I'm also trying to get back into a workout schedule, so after dinner I went for a ten minute jog.  After tonight, my new goal is to beable to run ten minutes without needing to slow down and breath.  I feel so out of shape!  But it did feel good to get out and run.

Before I forget, you all must be wondering about the weather.  Well, today was about 65-70degrees F, windy and rainy (however, I would take this before the freazing cold and snow!).  Tomorrow is suppose to be hot and sunny. 

I guess that's going to be all for now.

Until my next entry,
-Janice

P.S:  To all those Canadians who started their first day in Epcot today, I hope it went well (and I hope it wasn't too hecktic with it being March Break!)



"Laughter is timeless.
Imagination has no age.
And Dreams are forever."
-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment