Friday, March 1, 2013

It's the Final Countdown!

That's right!  The countdown is on!  I leave for Florida in 9 days!

Let me just tell you, I feel like a chicken running around with it's head chopped off.  Although I'm slightly nervous about moving down there for a year and trying to enjoy the last couple of day of being in Canada, I can NOT wait till all the prep work and packing is OVER and I am relaxing in the hot sun!

In the past two weeks I have been trying to:
.  Gather all the documents I need for my arrival at Disney
.  Renew my health insurance (so I don't loose it since I'm out of the country for over 219 days)
.  Get travel insurance (which my mom was able to help me out with a while ago, so no problems with that one)
.  Go to doctors/dentist appointments (so I don't have to go to any when I'm in Florida....unless something happens..lets hope not)
.  See as many friends as possible
.  Pack
.  Get rid of things I don't need anymore
.  Renew my drivers licence (but apparently you cant renew your licence until its exactly 6 months or less till the expiry date....and I'm a week over 6 months...which really sucks)
.  Switch to a new bank that has branches in the states so I can access my money in the sates

Also once I get to Florida I have to:
.  Open a U.S bank account (so I can do easy transfers when I'm down there)
.  Get a new phone plan (and possibly new phone)

Once I have frequent access to the internet again I will start posting entries at least two times a week.
And unless I drop by the library before I leave, this might possibly be my last entry before I leave Canada.  It's getting real!

Until next time,
Janice



"In dreams you will loose your heartaches.  Whatever you wish for you keep."
-Cinderella, Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment