Sunday, March 10, 2013

On the Road

It has been a very long day, but I'm officially just a day away from Florida!
The past month I have been doing so much; packing, getting paperwork and seeing friends and family one more time.  It's amazing how fast the time went.  Now here I am half way to Florida and starting a new chapter in my life.

My morning today started at 5am where I woke up, quickly got ready (well as quickly as I could while still half asleep and extremely uncoordinated ) and said goodbye to my babies (Leonard and Sheldon, my beautiful rats).  My parents and I left our place around 6am.  We got to the Detroit border around 10/10:30am and we had to stop so I could get my visa papers stamped.  I don't know why, but I always feel so intimidated when crossing the border (especially when you have to go into the building and answer a bunch of questions).  I guess it's because the officers there carry themselves with power and intensity.  But my papers are stamped and I am officially a legal alien! (I prefer "Temporary American".  But, I have to say, it is fun to tell people you're an alien.)

Not too much happened after we crossed the border, we drove for about 6 more hours and drove through Ohio and made it to the end of Kentucky.  We are now about two hours from the border of Kentucky and Tennessee.  It is currently 70°F (well it's cooled down a bit since it's evening now but it was!), finally my kind of weather!  Tomorrow we have to go through the rest of Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia.  Georgia, like Ohio, is going to feel like it's never ending.  But this time tomorrow, I will be in beautiful, sunny Florida!

Once I get there, I will be doing nothing but relaxing!!  After two years, of working non stop (either in school or work) I FINALLY get a relaxing vacation and think about nothing!

That's about it for now, just a little info about my travels so far.

TTFN, tata for now!
-Janice



"Think of all the joy you'll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares good-bye"
-Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment